The Tobacco Products Directive (TPD)-implementing decree, Legislative Decree 6/2016, defines heated tobacco products as novel smokeless tobacco products, which are subject to more lenient regulation than cigarettes in terms of public place usage and taxation.
This report provides a detailed overview of Italy’s regulatory framework for heated tobacco and herbal heated products, covering all policy areas from product and packaging requirements to taxation and sanctions
Reasons to buy
A TobaccoIntelligence regulatory report will provide you with:
- A clear and detailed understanding of current regulatory requirements affecting this sector in a specific jurisdiction, enabling you to be confident your business and your products are compliant.
- The ability to plan ahead for specific regulatory changes.
- Strategic understanding of the policy climate within the jurisdiction, enabling you to forecast how it might affect business development.
- Sources of further information, for example links to full texts of legislation and contact details for relevant government offices.
Table of contents
- Executive summary
- Italy: the basics
- National regulatory framework
- Age restrictions
- Product restrictions
- Labelling and packaging
- Obligation to notify
- Retail channel restrictions
- Public usage
- Advertising and marketing
- Relevant laws
- Relevant bodies
Our research is completely independent and original. It is conducted by TobaccoIntelligence’s multilingual legal analysis team, all specialists in this sector, and goes through a rigorous review and editing process before publication. Research draws on multiple sources, including: online and offline resources and data, specialist legal software, our own extensive databases and report archives, interviews with key stakeholders and government officials, and collaboration with local legal firms and on-the-ground professionals in the jurisdictions covered.