The Law on Tobacco and Tobacco Products (Tobacco Law) has two different categories for oral tobacco – smokeless tobacco product and tobacco for oral use. New restrictions on advertising, such as mandatory health warnings, for oral tobacco are expected to be introduced by 2024. Nicotine pouches are expected to come under the new European Tobacco Products Directive (TPD), which will eventually have to be transposed into national law.
This report provides an overview of the current restrictions in place in Bulgaria for oral tobacco and nicotine pouches, covering all policy areas.
Reasons to buy
A TobaccoIntelligence regulatory report will provide you with:
- A clear and detailed understanding of current regulatory requirements affecting this sector in a specific jurisdiction, enabling you to be confident your business and your products are compliant.
- The ability to plan ahead for specific regulatory changes.
- Strategic understanding of the policy climate within the jurisdiction, enabling you to forecast how it might affect business development.
- Sources of further information, for example links to full texts of legislation and contact details for relevant government offices.
Table of contents
- Executive summary
- Bulgaria: the basics
- National regulatory framework
- Age restrictions
- Product restrictions
- Labelling and packaging
- Obligation to notify
- Retail channel restrictions
- Public place usage
- Advertising and marketing
- Relevant laws
- Relevant bodies
Our research is completely independent and original. It is conducted by TobaccoIntelligence’s multilingual legal analysis team, all specialists in this sector, and goes through a rigorous review and editing process before publication. Research draws on multiple sources, including: online and offline resources and data, specialist legal software, our own extensive databases and report archives, interviews with key stakeholders and government officials, and collaboration with local legal firms and on-the-ground professionals in the jurisdictions covered.