Heated tobacco products imported into the US must comply with all the applicable requirements of the laws and regulations set out by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB).
The FDA requires a premarket tobacco application (PMTA) for a new tobacco product prior to its introduction and distribution in the US.
As of 16th March 2022, it is prohibited to export certain tobacco products to Russia or Belarus, or to certain Russian or Belarusian individuals.
This report provides a comprehensive summary of the import and export regulations in place for heated tobacco products in the US.
Reasons to buy
A TobaccoIntelligence regulatory report will provide you with:
- A clear and detailed understanding of current regulatory requirements affecting this sector in a specific jurisdiction, enabling you to be confident your business and your products are compliant.
- The ability to plan ahead for specific regulatory changes.
- Strategic understanding of the policy climate within the jurisdiction, enabling you to forecast how it might affect business development.
- Sources of further information, for example links to full texts of legislation and contact details for relevant government offices.
Table of contents
- Executive summary
- US Department of Treasury’s Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau requirements
- FDA import requirements
- Affirmation of compliance codes
- Reporting through the Automated Commercial Environment
- Export requirements
- Relevant bodies
- Relevant laws
Our research is completely independent and original. It is conducted by TobaccoIntelligence’s multilingual legal analysis team, all specialists in this sector, and goes through a rigorous review and editing process before publication. Research draws on multiple sources, including: online and offline resources and data, specialist legal software, our own extensive databases and report archives, interviews with key stakeholders and government officials, and collaboration with local legal firms and on-the-ground professionals in the jurisdictions covered.