Certain changes are expected to take place in the foreseeable future to the regulation of heated tobacco and heating devices. Three laws establish the legal framework of tobacco products, imposing restrictions on sale, age limits, sponsorship and advertising, and on the public use of tobacco products in certain places.
Although HTPs are not specifically addressed in the laws, the tobacco framework still applies as Law 201, which transposed the EU Tobacco Products Directive (TPD), defines tobacco products as those that can be consumed and consist, even partly, from tobacco whether genetically modified or not.
This report offers an analysis of the current regulatory framework in place for heated tobacco products in Romania, covering all policy areas.
Reasons to buy
This TobaccoIntelligence regulatory report will provide you with:
- A clear and detailed understanding of current regulatory requirements affecting this sector in a specific jurisdiction, enabling you to be confident your business and your products are compliant.
- The ability to plan ahead for specific regulatory changes.
- Strategic understanding of the policy climate within the jurisdiction, enabling you to forecast how it might affect business development.
- Sources of further information, for example links to full texts of legislation and contact details for relevant government offices.
Table of contents
- Executive summary
- Romania: the basics
- National regulatory framework
- Age restrictions
- Product restrictions
- Labelling and packaging
- Obligation to notify
- Retail channel restrictions
- Public usage
- Advertising and marketing
- Relevant laws
- Relevant bodies
Our research is completely independent and original. It is conducted by TobaccoIntelligence’s multilingual legal analysis team, all specialists in this sector, and goes through a rigorous review and editing process before publication. Research draws on multiple sources, including: online and offline resources and data, specialist legal software, our own extensive databases and report archives, interviews with key stakeholders and government officials, and collaboration with local legal firms and on-the-ground professionals in the jurisdictions covered.