The Law on Restricting the Use of Tobacco and Related Products (Tobacco Law), passed in 2017 to transpose the European Tobacco Products Directive, defines oral tobacco as “all tobacco products for oral use, except those which are intended for inhalation and chewing, wholly or partly made of tobacco”.
It explicitly bans the marketing of oral tobacco in Slovenia with the exception of chewing tobacco. A bill backed by the government would create a new legal category for nicotine pouches.
This report provides details of the regulatory framework in place in Slovenia for oral tobacco and nicotine pouches, covering all policy areas.
Reasons to buy
This TobaccoIntelligence regulatory report will provide you with:
- A clear and detailed understanding of current regulatory requirements affecting this sector in a specific jurisdiction, enabling you to be confident your business and your products are compliant.
- The ability to plan ahead for specific regulatory changes.
- Strategic understanding of the policy climate within the jurisdiction, enabling you to forecast how it might affect business development.
- Sources of further information, for example links to full texts of legislation and contact details for relevant government offices.
Table of contents
- Executive summary
- Slovenia: the basics
- National regulatory framework
- Age restrictions
- Product restrictions
- Labelling and packaging
- Obligation to notify
- Retail channel restrictions
- Public usage
- Advertising and marketing
- Relevant laws
- Relevant bodies
Our research is completely independent and original. It is conducted by TobaccoIntelligence’s multilingual legal analysis team, all specialists in this sector, and goes through a rigorous review and editing process before publication. Research draws on multiple sources, including: online and offline resources and data, specialist legal software, our own extensive databases and report archives, interviews with key stakeholders and government officials, and collaboration with local legal firms and on-the-ground professionals in the jurisdictions covered.